January 13-14, 2016
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- Holiday Inn-Lady Bird Lake (aka Town Lake)
20 North IH-35
- Austin, Texas 78701
- View Map / Get Directions
Texas teachers interested in becoming certified to teach Grades 8-12 Computer Science are eligible to attend. Attendees should have at least some prior experience in coding or programming to maximize their participation in this workshop..
Teach CS will provide an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. This certification is necessary to teach courses such as Computer Science I, II or III, Fundamentals of Computer Science, or AP Computer Science A. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to challenge the CS certification test. Attendees should bring their own laptop to the workshop.
Certification Incentive Program
As part of the Teach CS program we are offering a $1000 stipend as an incentive for teachers to obtain their Computer Science 8-12 Teaching Certificate. Participation in this program is not required to attend the face-to-face workshop however, if you intend to take the CS 8-12 exam and complete certification requirements by July 31, 2016.
Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis.
Certificates of Participation
Certificates stating 12 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the PDA.
- Amy Werst
- Manager of Programmatic Operations
- Center for STEM Education, UT Austin
Sleeping rooms are available at the Holiday Inn-Lady Bird Lake, on a first come, first serve basis. Rooms are state rate until sold out. Below is the group web link. Guests may also call 1-888-615-0509 and refer to the group code: WED
All participants are responsible for their own lodging reservations and payments.
Parking is free at the Holiday Inn-Lady Bird Lake.
- $60.00 per day for each participant.
- $120.00 total per participant for this 2-day workshop.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 40 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to The University of Texas at Austin. Please mail checks along with the printed registration confirmation email, to the following address.
- The University of Texas at Austin
- Center for STEM Education
- 1912 Speedway, D5500
- Austin, TX 78712
Please email Jeff Early (Jeff.Early@austin.utexas.edu) with any payment questions you may have.
Transportation expenses will be reimbursed. Reimbursement forms will be provided electronically after the event.
Online Registration Instructions
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked for your contact information and what subjects you are currently teaching. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.