Who We Are — Telling Our Story
Who We Are
The Texas Regional Collaboratives for Excellence in Science and Mathematics Teaching (TRC) is an award- winning statewide network of 57 P-16 partnerships (Regional Collaboratives) that provide sustained and high intensity professional development to P-12 teachers of science and mathematics across the state. This infrastructure of over 40 institutions of higher education collaborating with the Texas Education Agency, Education Service Centers, school districts, and business partners, has a 24-year track record of designing and implementing exemplary professional development using research-based instructional models, materials, and best practices.
Who We Are — What is the TRC?
To provide Texas science and mathematics teachers with support systems of scientifically researched, sustained, and high intensity professional development and mentoring to assist them in the implementation of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS). Our programs equip teachers with the necessary knowledge and skills to engage students in meaningful science and mathematics learning experiences. Activities are designed to improve students’ scientific thinking, their mathematical and technological literacy, and interest to pursue science and engineering related careers.
The long-range goals of the Regional Collaboratives are to continuously:
- Enhance the quality of science and mathematics teaching in Texas through Professional Development Academies and inter-regional collaboration
- Increase the number of qualified science and mathematics educators by building the leadership capacity of teachers to mentor and serve a larger number of teachers
- Improve accountability of the system by evaluating the impact of the professional development on teachers’ knowledge and skills, their performance in the classroom, and on student achievement
- We serve the teachers and students of Texas
- We treasure our people
- We operate with integrity
- We reward our partners
- We contribute to systemic reform and to the community