Celebrating Excellence with the TRC: Past, Present, Future
June 17 – 19, 2014 | Renaissance Austin Hotel
In the spirit of the 20th annual meeting theme: Celebrating Excellence with the TRC: Past, Present, Future, four project directors will reflect on twenty years of coming together, staying together, and working together in support of excellence in STEM education. The directors will engage in conversations around preserving the past, reflecting the present, and shaping the future of the TRC.
Dr. Kamil A. Jbeily, TRC Founder and Executive Director, will facilitate the discussion highlighting the role of the TRC in:
- Transforming professional development from fragmented, short-term, compliance-driven workshops into sustained, coherent, long-term, and research-based professional growth opportunities
- Advancing partnerships between ESC/School Districts and Institutions of Higher Education
- Developing leadership capacity of teachers
- Increasing the number of teachers served through the teacher mentoring model
- Making positive impact on teachers, students, and school culture
Lisa Leach, Ph.D.
Former Project Director, Region 17 Science Collaborative
Assistant Superintendent, Curriculum and Instruction
Rey Ramirez, Ph.D.
Project Director, UT Brownsville Science Collaborative
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Teaching, Learning, and Innovation
Project Director, Region 16 Science Collaborative
Instructional Interventionist, Curriculum and Instruction
Region 16 ESC
Project Director, Region 15 Mathematics Collaborative
Education Specialist, Instructional Services
Region 15 ESC