August 4-5, 2016
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Thursday)
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Friday)
- Hendrickson High School
- Pflugerville ISD
- 2905 FM 685
- Pflugerville, TX 78660
- Map and Directions
Teams of teachers (and their administrators) from high schools who have implemented the Geometry in Construction program are eligible to attend.
This 1.5 day training is designed as a follow-up for Texas teachers who have completed the week-long Geometry in Construction training. Teacher teams will collaborate with schools from across the state which are implementing the GiC program to share strategies for a) addressing specific math TEKS, b) engaging community partners, and c) planning and executing interim and capstone projects. GiC trainings will also include deliver advanced training in instructional strategies for Project Based Learning and Cooperative Learning that are the hallmark of the GiC curriculum. For more information, vist www.geometryinconstruction.org.
Certificates of Participation
Certificates stating 9 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the PDA. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
- Carol Fletcher, Ph.D.
- Deputy Director
- Center for STEM Education
No hotel block arrangements have been made by the TRC for this event. Make reservations at an area hotel of your choice, asking for state rate. See a list of nearby hotels linked below.
Ample parking is available at HHS. Please park in front of the school and use the main entrance.
- $120 per participant
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and curriculum materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Registration for this event will close on July 27, 2016.
- Event limited to 40 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to The University of Texas at Austin. Please mail checks to the attention of Jeff Early, along with the printed registration confirmation email, to the following address.
- Center for STEM Education
- 1912 Speedway, D5500
- SZB 340
- Austin, TX 78712
- Attn: Jeff Early
Please email Jeff Early (Jeff.Early@austin.utexas.edu) with any payment questions you may have.
Online Registration Instructions
Click the registration button below to register. Please note that there are separate links for Administrators and Teachers and this link is for Texas Educators only. You will be asked for contact information, what subjects you are currently teaching, and for your preferred t-shirt size. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.