July 25, 2015
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Breakfast and networking at 8:00 AM!
- UT Austin Main Campus
- George I Sanchez Building
- Room 411
- 1912 Speedway
- Austin, TX 78712
- (Breakfast and lunch will be served in SZB 312)
Texas teachers interested in becoming certified to teach Grades 8-12 Computer Science are eligible to attend. Attendees should have at least some prior experience in coding or programming to maximize their participation in this workshop.
Teach CS will provide an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. This certification is necessary to teach courses such as Computer Science I, II or III, Fundamentals of Computer Science, or AP Computer Science A. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to challenge the CS certification test. Attendees should bring their own laptop to the workshop.
An agenda is available for download in PDF format.Download Agenda
Certificates of Participation
Certificates stating 6 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the PDA.
- Carol L. Fletcher, Ph.D.
- Associate Director, TRC
No hotel block arrangements have been made by the TRC for this event. Make reservations at an area hotel of your choice, asking for state rate. See a list of nearby hotels linked below.
- Hotels near The University of Texas at Austin’s Main Campus (PDF)
- Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate (PDF)
Parking is available in the Brazos Garage at the corner of Martin Luther King Blvd. and Brazos St. Participants will receive a parking pass at the workshop itself.
- $100 registration fee
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before the event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations.
- Event limited to 40 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to “The University of Texas at Austin.” Please send to the attention of Jeff Early along with the printed registration confirmation email.
- Payment Mailing Address
- TRC, ATTN: Jeff Early
The University of Texas at Austin
George I. Sánchez Building, Room 356
1912 Speedway STOP D5500
Austin, TX 78712-1608
Please email Jeff Early with any payment questions you may have.
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked your name, email, and collaborative. If you are not the project director, you will need to enter your project director’s email address as well. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person that will be attending. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to the: TRC Web Team.Click to Register