October 12-13, 2015
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- UT-Austin Pickle Research Campus
Commons Learning Center
10100 Burnet Road, Bldg 137
- Balcones Room 1.108
Austin, Texas 78758
- Campus Map
- Get Directions
Texas teachers interested in becoming certified to teach Grades 8-12 Computer Science are eligible to attend. Attendees should have at least some prior experience in coding or programming to maximize their participation in this workshop.
Teach CS will provide an overview of the educator competencies required of all teachers to become certified in Grades 8-12 Computer Science. This certification is necessary to teach courses such as Computer Science I, II or III, Fundamentals of Computer Science, or AP Computer Science A. Course instructors will address several competencies in depth and link attendees to additional resources that will help to prepare them to challenge the CS certification test. Attendees should bring their own laptop to the workshop.
Certificates of Participation
Certificates stating 12 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the PDA.
- Carol L. Fletcher, Ph.D.
- Associate Director, TRC
Accommodations and Transportation
No hotel block arrangements have been made by the TRC for this event. Make reservations at an area hotel of your choice, asking for state rate. See a list of nearby hotels linked below.
Transportation and lodging expenses will be reimbursed at state rates for all out-of-town educators who complete this training. Reimbursement forms will be provided electronically after the event.
Parking has been prepaid for participants of this event. Please print out the document prior to arrival at the workshop. The guard will point you in the direction of the designated parking area. If you fail to bring this with you, parking will cost you $3/day.
Download Parking Permit (pdf)
- $60.00 per day for each participant.
- $120.00 total per participant for this 2-day workshop.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 40 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to The University of Texas at Austin. Please mail checks to the attention of Jeff Early, along with the printed registration confirmation email, to the following address.
- 1912 Speedway, D5500
- SZB 340
- Austin, TX 78712
- Attn: Jeff Early
Please email Jeff Early (Jeff.Early@austin.utexas.edu) with any payment questions you may have.
Online Registration Instructions
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked for your contact information and what subjects you are currently teaching. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.