September 15-16, 2014
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Holiday Inn- Town Lake
- 20 North IH-35
- Austin, TX 78701
- View on a map
Mathematics Teacher Leaders and Project Directors from the Texas Regional Collaboratives may attend this PDA. Outside persons wishing to attend need to contact Debbie Junk via the contact information below. Attendance is limited to two persons from each Collaborative.
This PDA will provide the materials and knowledge needed to support teachers use of the graphing calculators during the instruction of algebra. This PDA includes the learning to the TI Navigator, which allows students to send inputs wirelessly to the teacher. In addition to learning how to use these tools, the PDA will provide exemplars of mathematical tasks connected to the Algebra TEKS that can be utilized during instruction.
Certificates of Participation
Certificates stating 12 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participants have completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the PDA. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
- Debra Junk, Ph.D.
Coordinator for Mathematics Initiatives
Sleeping rooms are available at the Holiday Inn-Town Lake, on a first come, first serve basis. Rooms are state rate until sold out. Below is the group web link. Guests may also call 1-888-615-0509 and refer to the group name: TRC/TI Calculator Workshop and/or group code: CALClick to make your reservation
Parking is free at the Holiday Inn- Town Lake.
- $50.00 per day for each participant
- $100.00 total per participant for this training
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all necessary information to provide to business offices for credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to “The University of Texas at Austin.” Please send to the attention of Jeff Early along with the printed registration confirmation email.
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed. Reimbursement forms will be provided electronically after the event. All participants are responsible for their own lodging reservations and payments.
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked your name, email, and collaborative. If you are not the project director, you will need to enter your project director’s email as well. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person that will be attending. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to the: TRC Web Team.Click to Register