May 19-22, 2015
8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Norris Conference Center
- 2525 Anderson Lane
- Suite 325
- Austin, TX 78757
- Get Directions
Initial registration is limited to two participants from each TRC Math Collaborative. The individual attending the PDA should plan to be the primary presenter for a minimum of three-day turnaround training that is both pedagogy and content intense. If your attendee is not qualified in both roles, please consider recruiting an additional individual after the PDA to meet the content expertise requirements for the turnaround training. Total number of participants is limited to 40. Please email Debbie Plowman Junk at firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the waiting list before registering more than two individuals.
Focus on Algebra Part III: Exponential Functions is four full days of professional development designed for teachers and workshop leaders who will be providing professional development for teachers in their Regional Collaboratives. Materials provided for each participant include participant handouts, slide presentations for presenting the PD, and a presenter guide. The PD is a function-based approach to teaching algebra, with particular focus on exponential functions using the Algebra I TEKS. During the PD participants will analyze lessons, tasks, and teacher moves and examine the changes to the TEKS that were adopted in the Spring of 2012. Additionally, participants will discuss teaching English Language Learners and how to support students who may struggle in learning algebra. Participants will be able to immediately turn around this PDA for a full 3 to 4 day professional development for their teachers.
Certificates of Participation
Certificates stating 24 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the PDA. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
- Debbie Plowman Junk, Ph.D.
- Coordinator for Mathematics Initiatives
No hotel block arrangements have been made by the TRC for this event. Make reservations at an area hotel of your choice, asking for state rate. See a list of nearby hotels linked below.
- Austin Hotel List Provided by the Norris Conference Center
- Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate (PDF)
Parking is free and abundant at the Norris Conference Center.
$50.00 per day for each participant.
$200.00 total per participant for this 4-day workshop.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 40 participants
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all necessary information to provide to business offices for credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to “The University of Texas at Austin.” Please send to the attention of Jeff Early along with the printed registration confirmation email.
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed. Reimbursement forms will be provided electronically after the event. All participants are responsible for their own lodging reservations and payments.
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked your name, email, and collaborative. If you are not the project director, you will need to enter your project director’s email as well. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person that will be attending. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to the: TRC Web Team.Click to Register