April 22, 2015
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
April 23, 2015
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Norris Conference Center
- 2525 Anderson Lane
- Suite 325
- Austin, TX 78757
- Get Directions
Initial registration is limited to two participants from each TRC Science Collaborative. The individuals attending this PDA should be Project Directors, ITMs, or teach middle school earth science and should plan present a turnaround training that is both pedagogy and content intensive. Total number of participants is limited to 100. Please email Mary Hobbs at email@example.com to be placed on the waiting list before registering more than two individuals.
This one and a half day PDA will be in the form of a mini-conference. We will have three lecture sessions and six workshops that will focus on:
8th grade TEKS
7B – Lunar Cycle
8A, 8C, 8D – Characteristics of the Universe
9C – Erosional Features
10B, 10C – Ocean and Weather Systems
Each breakout session will be either 1 to 2 hours long.
Earth science professionals and collaborative members have been invited to present.
The agenda/schedule will be posted here when finalized.
Certificates of Participation
Certificates stating 12 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the PDA. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
- Mary Hobbs, Ph. D.
- Coordinator for Science Initiatives
No hotel block arrangements have been made by the TRC for this event. Make reservations at an area hotel of your choice, asking for state rate. See a list of nearby hotels linked below.
Parking is free and abundant at the Norris Conference Center.
- $50.00 per day for each participant.
- $100.00 total per participant for this training.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 100 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all necessary information to provide to business offices for credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to “The University of Texas at Austin.” Please send to the attention of Jeff Early along with the printed registration confirmation email.
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed. Reimbursement forms will be provided electronically after the event. All participants are responsible for their own lodging reservations and payments.
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked your name, email address, and collaborative. If you are not the project director, you will need to enter your project director’s email address as well. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person that will be attending. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to the: TRC Web Team.Click to Register