June 7-9, 2016
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- UT-Austin Pickle Research Campus
Commons Learning Center
10100 Burnet Road, Bldg 137
- Austin, Texas 78758
- Campus Map
- Get Directions
Texas educators and administrators interested in computer science education in grades K-12.
The WeTeach_CS Summit offers a variety of sessions and resources for K-12 teachers. The format will include a student expo, vendor exhibits, special guest speakers, as well as general and breakout sessions.
For more information about the WeTeach_CS Summit, including schedule and featured presentations, check out the main WeTeach_CS Summit 2016 page.
Certificates of Participation
Certificates stating 18 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the event. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
- Amy Werst
- Manager of Programmatic Operations
- Center for STEM Education, UT Austin
Accommodations and Transportation
All participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements and payments. These costs will be reimbursed to participants who attend the entire event. Lodging costs will be reimbursed at the state rate of $135/night for those who live more than 60 miles from the event. Mileage will be reimbursed, also at the state rate, as calculated by MapQuest using the shortest route option.
No hotel block arrangements have been made by the TRC for this event. Make reservations at an area hotel of your choice, asking for state rate ($135/night). A list of nearby hotels is provided. A copy of the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt form is provided and should be printed and turned in to your hotel upon arrival. State hotel tax will not be reimbursed.
- Hotels near Pickle Research Campus (PDF)
- Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate (PDF)
- WeTeach_CS Summit 2016 Reimbursement Form (.docx)
Parking will be prepaid and a printable parking pass will be emailed to registered attendees prior to the event.
- $60.00 per day for each participant.
- $180.00 total per participant for this 3-day workshop.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 300 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to The University of Texas at Austin. Please mail checks to the attention of Jeff Early, along with the printed registration confirmation email, to the following address.
- Center for STEM Education
- 1912 Speedway, D5500
- SZB 340
- Austin, TX 78712
- Attn: Jeff Early
Please email Jeff Early (Jeff.Early@austin.utexas.edu) with any payment questions you may have.
Online Registration Instructions
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked for your contact information, what subjects you are currently teaching. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.