Reimbursement For Texas Teachers
Registration, transportation, and lodging will be reimbursed for Texas teachers that attend the entire event!
July 25-28, 2016
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- UT Austin Main Campus
- George I Sanchez Building
- Room 324
- 1912 Speedway
- Austin, TX 78712
- Map / Directions
Texas teachers with experience teaching AP CS A that are planning to teach AP CS A in the 2016-2017 school year.
High level overview This workshop includes College Board resources, released exams, and student samples.
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to
- Align their instruction with the goals of the AP Computer Science A course
- Identify the skills and knowledge that the exam will assess, and identify the tasks and materials for which students might need more preparation
- Draft a syllabus that meets the curricular requirements for the course
- Make equitable access a guiding principle in designing instruction
At every AP Computer Science A workshop held by the College Board, each participant receives a copy of the Workshop Handbook, which contains:
- AP Computer Science A Course Description
- AP Course Audit information
- Sample syllabus for AP Computer Science A and a Syllabus Development Guide
- AP Computer Science A Practice Exam
- AP Computer Science A free-response materials (student samples, scoring guidelines and commentary)
- Teacher and Student Guides for Exemplar Labs: Magpie Chatbot, Picture Lab, Elevens Lab
Downloadable APSI Agenda (PDF)
Certificates of Participation
Certificates of Participation (CPEs) Certificates stating 24 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the PDA. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
- Amy Werst
- Manager of Programmatic Operations
- Center for STEM Education, UT Austin
Registration, transportation, and lodging will be reimbursed for Texas teachers that attend the entire event. Reimbursement forms will be emailed to those participants within two business days of the conclusion of the event
All participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements and payments. These costs will be reimbursed to participants who attend the entire event. Lodging costs will be reimbursed at the state rate only for those who live outside of Travis County. Mileage will be reimbursed, also at the state rate, as calculated by MapQuest using the shortest route option.
No hotel block arrangements have been made by the TRC for this event. Make reservations at an area hotel of your choice, asking for state rate. A copy of the Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exempt form is provided and should be printed and turned in to your hotel upon arrival. State hotel tax will not be reimbursed.
- Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate (PDF)
- Hotels near The University of Texas at Austin’s Main Campus (PDF)
Validated parking is available in the Brazos Garage at the corner of Martin Luther King Blvd. and Brazos St. Pull a paper ticket to park in the garage. Participants will receive a prepaid parking pass each day at the workshop to leave the garage.
- $505.00 total per participant for this 4-day workshop.
- Registration will be reimbursed for participants whom are Texas teachers that attend the entire event.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 30 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all the necessary information you need to provide to your business offices regarding credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to The University of Texas at Austin. Please mail checks to the attention of Jeff Early, along with the printed registration confirmation email, to the following address.
- Center for STEM Education
- 1912 Speedway, D5500
- SZB 340
- Austin, TX 78712
- Attn: Jeff Early
Please email Jeff Early (Jeff.Early@austin.utexas.edu) with any payment questions you may have.
Online Registration Instructions
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked for your contact information, what subjects you are currently teaching. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to email@example.com.Click to Register