September 10, 2014
8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
September 11, 2014
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Holiday Inn- Town Lake
- 20 North IH-35
- Austin, TX 78701
- View on a map
Initial registration is limited to two participants from each TRC Science Collaborative. The individuals attending this PDA should be Project Directors, ITMs or teach either middle school or high school biology and plan to be a presenter for a turnaround training that is both pedagogy and content intense. Total number of participants is limited to 100. Please email Marsha Willis at email@example.com to be placed on the waiting list before registering more than two individuals.
This one and half day PDA will be in the form of a mini-conference. We will have two general sessions that every one will attend and about 28 breakout sessions that will focus on:
- 8th grade TEKS
- 11C – Organisms and Environments
- Biology TEKS
- 6A-C – Inherited Traits
- 4B, 9A-B, 9D, 11A Biomolecules and Metabolic Processes
- 12C, 12F Interdependence
Each breakout session will be either 1 or 2 hours long.
Vendors and Collaborative members have been invited to present. The agenda/schedule will be posted here once it has been finalized.
Certificates of Participation
Certificates stating 12 hours of Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participants have completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the PDA. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
- Marsha Willis
- Professional Development Coordinator
Sleeping rooms are available at the Holiday Inn-Town Lake, on a first come, first serve basis. Rooms are state rate until sold out. Below is the group web link. Guests may also call 1-888-615-0509 and refer to the group name: TRC Biology Round Robin and/or group code: TRCClick to make your reservation
Parking is free at the Holiday Inn- Town Lake.
- $50.00 per day for each participant
- $100.00 total per participant for this training
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 100 participants.
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all necessary information to provide to business offices for credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to “The University of Texas at Austin.” Please send to the attention of Jeff Early along with the printed registration confirmation email.
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed. Reimbursement forms will be provided electronically after the event. All participants are responsible for their own lodging reservations and payments.
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked your name, email, and collaborative. If you are not the project director, you will need to enter your project director’s email as well. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person that will be attending. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to the: TRC Web Team.Click to Register