June 25-26, 2013
Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM
- Renaissance Hotel
- Room: Glass Oaks
- 9721 Arboretum Boulevard
- Austin, TX 78759
Project Directors and Instructional Team Members for Texas Regional Collaboratives projects. Two persons from each project may attend.
In this interactive one and a half-day session, participants will learn about important characteristics of a formative assessment centered mathematics classroom and then discuss ways to encourage and support school wide implementation. Discussions will focus on the selection, implementation, and use of various Formative Assessment Classroom Techniques (FACTS) at the school or district level. Participants will receive a copy of the book, Mathematics Formative Assessment: 75 Practical Strategies for Linking Assessment, Instruction, and Learning, along with supporting materials for presenting the PD to teachers.
Certificates of Participation
Certificates stating 10 Continuing Professional Education hours (CPE credits) earned will be sent electronically after the participant has completed the online course evaluation. Participants should receive the certificate two to three weeks after the PDA. Any questions about certificates should be directed toward the contact person listed on this page.
- Debra Junk, Ph.D.
- Coordinator for Mathematics Initiatives
All hotel accommodations are paid for by each participating Collaborative. Each participant is responsible for making their own reservations for overnight accommodations. To receive the block rate of $108.00 per night, reservations must be made with the Renaissance Austin Hotel, using the reference TRC on or before May 25th, 2013. Check in is at 4 pm and check out is 12 pm. (See Location section at top of page for hotel contact information.)
Parking is available onsite.
$45 per day for each participant.
$70 total per participant for this one and a half day workshop.
- Registration fees cover breakfast, lunch and training materials.
- Payments are due before this event.
- Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or those not in attendance.
- Event limited to 40 participants
- Registration closes on May 25, 2013
- Participants can pay by credit card or check. The registration confirmation email will contain all necessary information to provide to business offices for credit card payment records and check processing instructions.
- Checks for registration need to be made out to “The University of Texas at Austin.” Please send to the attention of Jeff Early along with the printed registration confirmation email.
- Transportation expenses will be reimbursed. Reimbursement forms will be provided electronically after the event. All participants are responsible for their own lodging reservations and payments.
Click the registration button below to register your attendance. You will be asked your name, email, and collaborative. If you are not the project director, you will need to enter your project director’s email as well. If you have multiple people attending, please fill out this form for each person that will be attending. You may need to quit and restart your browser to enter multiple people. If you need technical help with the registration page, send an email to the: TRC Web Team.